16 February, 2006

Cabo San Lucas

Two weeks at sea.  Lots of light wind - what else! - but beautiful skies and warm days.
The stars were as bright as I can ever remember seeing.  And the windvane!  What a joy!  It
did such service.  They live up to their lofty reputation.
 
Tilikum was great.   She loves being at the helm.  She was so generous and helpful,
always doing a bit more than was needed--I can't tell you how many cups
of hot cocoa she made me--enough to make Willy Wonka proud.
 
So we made Cabo and are in the process of checking in, which is why we stopped.  It is a bit
of a jungle here and I won't be sad to move on to more quaint locals on the mainland.
 
It was a safe and comfortable passage, love but without trouble.  We were becalmed regularly
and only twice had winds gusting over twenty.
Most of the trip was spent running down wind under the genny and trysle.  I like the combo--easy sailing.
 
More tomorrow perhaps.  We are tired.  Sailed all night, the both of us, and have been messing around today
trying to clear in through customs, ect.
I miss everyone.

No comments: