21 August, 2003

After buses and planes and illness and travel - I am back at last. At least I am back in the U. S. I am staying in a house where the sun is always shiningthrough the windows. I awake and walk down stairs to a kitchen where all but the screen doors are open to the outiside world. The weather is nice in the mornings and everything is peaceful and quet. I feel like I am on vacation at last.

I was so exhausted when I reached L.A. The travel and the sickness had drained my body of energy and vitality. I was grumpy and my bottom was sorefrom sitting for such exaggerated hours everyday. Everyday. Also my heart knew I was coming home, for better for worse, this is always sad to leave a place so beautiful and new and wonderful.

Deep down I have been so excited to be back. I can't remember ever having so much to look forward to in any upcomng year. My classes have never been more riviting or difficult, stimulating. I am returning to a home that I love and am so comfortable with. I have new freindships that I am anxious to continue and to grow into and to see where they go. I have a girl named Wendy that I hope to learn from and enjoy. And then, as always, there is Widge. Bless him, my boy.

There is so much. I feel so thankful. I am so excited to ski and to learn and to implement all the wonderful things, changes, that I have learned in the last monthes. I have encountered so much that is new, I have plans, and the prospect of pursuing them and molding them into something real is exciting beyond anything I have experienced, or certainly no less exciting - it is life, the forming and generating a reality, a life, that will be mine and unique. What is more exciting than stepping out into a world that is solely yours?

Being here with Karen and Dick, I do little else than eat. Today Karen is taking me to the beach. Anne came and took dinner with us last night which was wonderful. The conversation was strange, deep, and delightful. Karen and I have talked non-stop. We have never has such an opportunity to share ourselves with one another. And we are both so cheerful. I am so thankful to be here. I feel so alive and rejuvinated. I've gained four pounds.

Tomorrow I leave on the bus to Missoula. It is a thirty hour ride, but it should be such a pleasure compared to the buses I have grown accustomed to. Also, it is the bus that takes me home...

No comments: