11 September, 2003

Life in Missoula is slowly cementing itself, becoming more determinant and linear. Perhaps it is me. My mind is slowly adjusting, my routine is materializing, my odds-and-ins are slowly disipating and once again "my life" is emerging.

I love it here but the last few weeks, my return home, have been trying. I find I am less comfortable without a sense of order. My house needed to be unpacked, I was jetlagged, I had a wedding to attend, I've been fighting with my girlfriend, I've had three months of back-mail to sort, I've twice had unexpected guest come and stay, bills to pay, no car to run all these errands, my computer was confirmed dead on arrival; I had no money to pay for all this - and, on top of it all, I have had Giardia.

I feel great concidering. Things work themselves out. My home again is my own. Things are clean again. My classes and books are in order. I won't continue - but my health is returning. I am stoked about all that is around me. My work is to study William Blake and the Bible - how great does life get? What more could I ask for my time. I have two classes completely devoted to my own writing. I have a four and a half day weekend and a full load of classes (12+ credits)

Who really cares anyway? Who is out there anyway? What is this site for now? I don't know what I am saying: life is good, maybe. Missoula is wonderful and this summer has given me so much to work with, so much direction now and for the coming years. I have found a sort of path to my dreams. That, perhaps, is exciting, but I will leave it for now. I must retain some secrets shant I. What does "shant" mean? I haven't a clue but it really wanted to go there and I am not in a rejecting sort of mood.

I have some stories that soon I will put on this page. I just want them to be in good form. "Thie Testement of James Cantey" is not in good form as a short story, but it will be a while maybe before anything is done about it. So I threw it out there. I reject nothing, nothing.

Here is a feeling: I hope I don't hurt people's feeling this semester. I fear I have so little time to give. I have choosen this, I know. But it means I have offered my friends dearly little time, very little of myself. I myself have taken it personally when friends of mine have withdrawn themselves.

I have to choose: what is most important right now. I am so excited to be in school but it is all consuming. I give it everything and there is little left. There are so many people whom I love and admire and I want them in my life - but this semester they fall forfeit to my desire to push and grow. This pains me but is my choice all the same. Will I be forgiven? Will people understand and wait or adjust?

Is this temporary or is it permanent?

When was the last time I was home to see family, for how long?

Does the possible future show any reconcilliation?

These are shadowy questions without heartening answers I fear. But this is life and choices come at a cost at this point on the road. There are many paths and I am glimpsing mine, but it is difficult and solitary and remote. Will I retain the support and love of my friends even if I take myself away from them? Will this sort of singular, distant communication suffice for personal contact? Am I worth the effort? Is my mail or writing worth reading and responding? I get so precious few responses already, when I am not so distant, as of yet hardly removed at all.

I wonder if anyone even realizes what I am refering to? I am speaking out of my heart and dreams without being willing to spill those actual contents onto the net. Perhaps I should. But I feel that making them materialize, makes them concrete, a sort of contract that I am then bound to because I have made "it" known. I am not yet so certain.

I will end with this confusion and think. Good Day
Namaste - jonah

PS - god bless all today, peace, for 9-11

No comments: