11 April, 2005

The Practical

The reading and research I've been doing isn't naval at all, but nutritional. I started by adjusting to a raw food / live food / sun food diet. Primarily, not entirely.
I learned how little I knew about health and diet. So now I have turned to reading tomes like “Healing with Whole Foods” and “Conscious Eating”
The stuff is really moving. There is so much I can do to improve my health.

Here’s what is happening, in brief:
-all organic
-mostly vegetarian
-eat local when possible
-don’t stuff myself, I eat with chopsticks
-chew more thoroughly
-love my food and the cooking , preparing process
-eat for my type, Ayurvedic and blood type, and heating versus cooling foods
-alkalize


-fast regularly
-breathe more deeply
-sauna and sweat (exercise?) regularly


What this all means is that I eat fruit and smoothies / lassies for breakfast, a salad for lunch, graze on nuts and gorp during the day, and cook something for dinner like stir-fry, steamed veggies, thai peanut curry, spaghetti, ect – whatever.

I need to fast more regularly and sauna when possible. I already exercise, but stretching breathing and chewing more slowly need work.

Okay, enough. But it is fun to learn about your body; it’s stuff I can use the rest of my life, which now, hopefully, will be longer, fuller, and happier. Yea.

No comments: