04 January, 2007

Getting it together - Techno progress

Considering that I am on dial-up, I can’t use my own computer, and I’ve somehow lost my external harddrive, I am rather pleased with what I am getting done.

PAUSE.

I am home, back in Columbia with my family for the holiday. It is a long stay, because I was hoping to make use of free internet. I think even though it is free, dial-up is almost as bad as paying by the hour.

So this is where I am. Araby is still sleeping at the dock in Opua, I hope, safely. I have a sore throat, have been staying out too late, and miss friends that aren’t here. Would love to get some phone calls.

Anyway, I am trying to get my photos online so I can share them. That is happening slowly. I am also renovating my blog to act more like a website—since I can’t build one on this old thing I’m typing on. But I’m encouraged. I’m learning slowly. I even opened a MySpace page to see if that would be of any help. I’m skeptical, but it is a neat thing.

So now for the first time I have a photo on my blog, and links to more albums on Picasa and still more to come. This is all encouraging.

No comments: