30 October, 2007

Home at Last – Social Euphoria

I made it…and just in time. I had about 2 hours to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. But first. . .

I found a marina; I left the next day. I flew to Seoul. 13 hour layover. Flew SeoulAtlanta, 15 hours. Many movies watched. On the flight from Atl – Columbia I sat behind my friend, eye doctor, and relative, Bud Hopkins. When I arrived I initially declined his kind offer for a ride home, then finding that my driver’s license was still safely aboard Araby, I gladly accepted, being now impossible to rent a car.

The rehearsal dinner was, bar-none, the most fun I’ve ever had socially. . . big party social anyway. It’s hard to beat a small dinner gathering with great friends, but this, a large collection of friends, many I hadn’t seen since highschool . . . wow. It was more intense than I could have imagined. I was more moved with each person, and so filled with joy to see so many loved people all together, all so happy. It was a special experience for me. And I had two nights of it. I even met some amazing people whom I hope to maintain contact with.

Least I forget the dancing. Awesome. So much and so much was great. A good friend of Charlie’s, Christine Murray, was Phenominal. Bliss. I have to tell her so. I will never forget. But I could list more… (Sally….Sutton….) I have missed it so much. Dancing is as good ‘a reason to date someone as any.

But that is over. Must move on and there is where I hit a snag. What was it I hoped to accomplish while home?? I need to sort of my mind once more, now that I am well rested for the first time in two months.

What a ride! What a fall!

No comments: