31 March, 2009

moving on

Hi all

After a grueling month of labor, Brillig and her crew are ready to set out and see some of the Philippines before we next have to renew our visas, which is about a month away.
I am still waiting on some paperwork from the States, so we won't venture too far, just doing some shakedown cruising for Brillig to test her sailing and systems.  She's looking great, but it is the wind and sea that bring out the caliber of a ship.

From here we will sail east about twenty miles to the Comotes and spend a little time relaxing and tidying up little jobs—there are plenty of them.  If we get no news on my mail we will either stay there or sail south to Siguiour Island and Negros, though this would be best done with all documents in hand so as to not have to return again.  I have had my fill of smoke and trash and crowded jeep-mis. 
There has been plenty of fun I will miss some good friends.  Zeke and his wife Roxane have been great to me and BOTH of my boats.  And YES, Araby did sell.  And to a great guy who is excited to do some good Philippine cruising with her.  Anne, April, and Mira will be hard to leave.  And then the good cruisers here have been good fun, of course.
But I am yearning to sail and finally those days are at hand.  Hopefully there will be a little peace in them as I am a bit drained from a good month (or two) of work.
I will write again when I arrive in Negros.  I will clear customs there in Durmagette and send a line as to my plans.

Hope all is well with you.    My best to all of you.

j

No comments: