24 May, 2009

Brillig in the pool

The Lunchtime diner. It's actually a golf club (haha) that has cheap food near the anchorage. The Pool, as we call the anchorage, is about a mile walk from town. It has a good market and even cheaper food, but if you are working on the boat and the afternoon heat starts to wear youu down, it is easy to row ashore, walk through the hotel, cross the street, and then get served a plate of garlic chicken by a waitress named Marry-Me (spelled phonetically). I have my plate served with Xtra chicken for a whopping $2.

Brillig under awnings. It is very hot here. I am trying to get her awning sorted, but none seem to fit as they should, and none of them are really what I need: water cachement. So I need to tweak some things. But there she is if you haven't seen her, though she is sort of hiding.


This is the Pool at a distance. You can see the golf course behind the boats. Brillig is second on the left. I enjoy going ashore and running the golf course in the late evenings when it cools off. There was a Hash House Run today, and I was very excited about it, and then I didn't get to go after all. Very disappointing. Hopefully next week.

No comments: