14 November, 2009

DAR ES SALAAM

I'm living the high life here in the Dar es Salaam Yacht Club, the biggest, poshest, well reknowned, much respected, quite admirable, finely distinguished and most excellent yacht club on the entire vastness of the East African coast.  Well....

I've been well treated in my 2 days here.  Though my check-in was a fiasco for purely accidental reasons.  But folks have taken me in.  We heard some good guitar pickin' last night.  had a fine burger, and actually got to do a little swing dancing for the first time in ages uncounted.  With a willing partner I might add.  Good fun all in all.

The social scene here is so far from anything I've seen in quite a while.  Not even sure how to describe it, yet.  Too expensive for me, but I am here briefly enough so I won't whinge too much.   And it is fun.  Very nice indeed.

But I am ready to head south.  And the weather is clearing off I think.  The time may be near.  South Africa is still a dark spot on the map.

2 comments:

Tammara said...

Right now in the midst of the cold here in the Pacific Northwest of Washington State, USA, sailing is of course off-season for most. Sure would be nice to be somewhere warm like Africa! Happy sailing!

Travis and Maggie said...

Wow! Africa! Great blog! Any plans to visit Ghana, just curious...