01 July, 2003

For the first time I actually get to use my own computer online. Finally got it all worked out.

The highlight of a very peaceful day was a serenade that was played for me and a friend at dinner. It was great. I haven't heard anyone play a guitar in such a long while. He was so passionate about the singing. He was from Wales, a friend of my dinner partner. We all sat and ate together. We laughed long and often. He must have been drunk, but he was so pleasant and cheerful.

Today I had a handstand competition with the younger monks. We did numerous cartwheels - until it turned violent. I was attacked by three twelve year old monks. I tryyed to gather all three into a pile but was unsuccessful - but it was great fun. I love the young ones. We bonded. They weren't very good at cartwheels.

What would it be like to be a monk at the age of twelve? Could you even understand? Do you know anything?

I studied well today. No class. It was a glorious day.

No comments: