16 April, 2004

Brief Backlog

Tuesday I had my rewrite of "I, Sisyphus" workshopped and it was the most positive workshop I've ever had. Normally I get lambasted, but it was too sunny for all that.

Wednesday I was a bit ornery and stayed home and worked all day. In the afternoon I decided what I really wanted was a good drive in the country. Listening to NPR I drove down Pattee Canyon south, east, and then north back toward East Missoula. Widge and I looped back around to Pattee Canyon and found a trailhead we had never hiked, called Crazy Creek. We hiked and bushwhacked our way up a steep knoll and found ourselves on a great open ridgeline. It was about eight-o’clock at night; the sun was setting against heavy rainclouds. The hike down was a bit tough.

Thursday, Hanna and I went to hear her roommate play in the Old Post; they are a samba band. The bar was packed but a bunch of girls I know from past and present English classes made dancing room up front. Samba ain’t bluegrass, but we fared well enough. It was a lot of fun and was a nice change (and stretch) from only dancing to bluegrass. It felt like we knew everyone in the bar – it was one of those nights.

No comments: