13 December, 2004

The day of truth – and I passed!
I sailed. At last; after all this time; I sailed my own boat!
It was marvelous. I am having trouble describing it without melodrama dripping from the letters.
I screamed regularly as we went, pumping my fists in the air, gritting my teeth as the wind passed by the beam. It was a dream.
And it all went so wonderfully. I saw a shooting star the night before we set out.

Unfortunately, the library is closing.
Let it suffice to say that I am excited and very much in the Christmas spirit. Everything happened so naturally.
Brian came up from San Fransisco – we talked about the trail and the potential future we are conjuring for ourselves. So many doors seemed to open. I have so much to think on.

--------------------

“Get yourself a girl and go south”
-My dad, the quintessential warm-blooded southerner,
at the end of our talk today. I love it.

No comments: