16 December, 2004

Good projects moving forward.
Trying to tidy up loose ends before leaving for home. I'm a little anxious about leaving the boat for a few weeks, but I am far more excited to eat and shower more regularly, go with the brothas for some sushi. Meredith - always invited.

Last night, lacking wind, but itching to get out on the water, I rowed the dinghy out of the marina into the channel. I drifted out into the dark water. The rain drizzled so little that you wouldn't know it was raining unless you looked at the water.
The water was unrippled, slowly undulating waves rolling along with the tide. I sat out there and studied the gps a bit, watched the traffic lights changed. I rolled a cigarette and enjoyed it thoroughly.
I was out on the water again!
It was wonderful. I felt so comfortable and confident. Half a mind egged me to strike the docklines and take the BIG dinghy out to Mystery Bay for the night. It occurred to me that nothing prevented me any longer.
I can go anywhere. I am free as long as I have wind and water and food. I can't say I've ever been in such a position. I can leave this computer right now, strike my lines and sail to Hawaii, to Russia, to Polynesia – whatever, wherever.
What an amazing freedom!


I have broken off my plans with Brian. It seems we have too many variant interests and aspirations. The cons outweigh the pros of a partnership. Now anything is possible. I can slow down, get more of an education. I can stop as I please – I can turn around, anything.
I feel so liberated, when I didn’t truly realize I was burdened. For me, this is an exciting revelation and change. Time again is on my side.

------------

"I may not be that smart,
but I can lift heavy things"
- quintessential port-a-potty graffiti

No comments: