09 March, 2007

savage good time

Oh man what a ride! Life is rolling along. Was getting in bed last night when I suddenly remembered that it was, in fact, Friday night, and I had told Nick Skeats (an infamous old salt, who comes into the story in the next telling) that I would show up for a little musical jam session on Friday night, which it now was.
So I climbed out of bed, into some clothes, through a drum and the dregs of a bottle of rum in to a ruck sack and walked through the damp, post-precipitation night air. . . down a trail, around a bluff, up a hill, into a strange house with no one to get the door, up some stairs, then more stairs. . . until I hear the hum of guitars and a woman's voice harmonizing with the chords. I recognized the dude with the sarong, so at least I knew two chaps. Nick waved me over, (ukulele) in hand.
Cool old yuk, best I've ever seen. Thirty years old. Carved in the Marquesas.

What a riot of a good time. Great tunes. Maybe a dozen old folks. We carried on until three.


On a work note. My rigging is going up. This is very awesome. Everything is awesome at the moment. Very happy. Feeling fit.
More to tell, but must wait a couple of days. But since I wrote some down and low blogs I figured I'd go ahead and get the good vibe out there.

I have some good news on the way.

No comments: