02 July, 2008

The Olden Days - pics I found on Facebook


This is Martine and her dad, Jim. They sail "Aguja" and we traveled together a'ways from San Diego all the way to New Zealand - which they are only just now leaving. They are currently in Tonga.
Martine, Jim, ????, a rare shot of Matt DiFranchesca, and Paul. This was in the Marquesas, but I don't know where.
This picture accompanies a most hilarious and thrilling story. Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to be in a small confined space--such as the cabin of a sailboat--with a large frightened bird--namely a pelican--which carries an unsheathed sword attached to its face?? It is not my story. I cannot tell it. Ask Laura from SeaCor, or Paul for that matter.

1 comment:

Malicious Intent said...

Awesome pics. And I just hate it when Pelicans invade my bathroom. It's a weekly annoyance here.