22 December, 2009

3-2-1 CONTACT



After a failed attempt to dock in 20+ kts of wind, this motor-cat blows into my stern and does (small) damage to my windvane. It is now in a machine shop. Perhaps it will come out like new. . . Merry Christmas to me!!

My friend Jonas made this video and it is focused on his boat at first. I am yelling, "GO GO GO GO" and you can hear a metalic snapping in the background at which time Jonas turns the camera to BRILLIG. And at which time I curse. . . pardon me. If you look at the bottom of the screen you will see the catamaran scraping along my windvane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just surfing around and found your blog.

Camera wasn't that good, it makes it look like a couple of fenders would have prevented the damage and it didn't show any of you guys pushing the boat away but still it is a good idea. Amazing how many people smack into other peoples boats and then claim nothing happened.

Hope they covered your expense. I have a mark on my boat that apparently was caused by someone when I wasn't on the boat, grrrr, still it is part of the game.

Merry Xmas, happy sailing!