02 January, 2010

no change

No news here.

Still in Richard’s Bay, South Africa.  The weather is improving.  In face, a friend left on what looked to be a thin window and turned out to be long enough to get them all the way to Port Elisabeth or beyond.  They screamed down the coast in their cat, hitting 22kts.!!!  Wow.

 

But I am still waiting on a couple of sheaves that needed new bushings.  When they are back I will catch the next window which should be Wed. . . hopefully, but things change daily.  Christmas was great fun.  But three weeks is long enough.  I am ready to be sailing again.  Once I reach CapeTown I will see a little of South Africa, particularly the Drakesburg Mountains (sp) and then set off for Brazil. 

 

That is the plan.  But there is some coastal hopping to do first.  And I have to do it right.  This is a brutal coast with serious south-westerly gales.  No Joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!