02 July, 2005

CYPRESS ISLAND

I sailed out of Orcas and made Cypress Island, which, as it turns out, is a natural suncuary of some kind. I wanted to climb up a mountain there, but it was off limits because of peregrine falcon breeding.
Beautiful place. Nice trails. The night was calm and I slept well.

Bellingham

The next afternoon I made Bellingham in some strong wind, light seas though. I had to take a slip as there is no protected spot to anchor in the Bay. I'm gonna look into it more, but today Jamie and Widge get to town.
Tomorrow, Sunday, we'll head up to Mt Baker for a run around Mt Baker Lake. It is supposed to be awesome.
Monday there is a free bluegrass concert on the water all day before the fireworks show.
Tuesday I want to hit the water again and start cruising around the north of Orcas to Vancouver Island. But I'll write again before then.


And everyone say a prayer for the safe return of my beloved bicycle wheich was "borrowed" without permisson the night before I left Orcas. He is missed.

No comments: