27 June, 2005

Still dragging myself out of my little pit.
It feels slow.
I still read a lot. I am always on my ass, reading, writing, or / and constantly eating.
I think I am addicted to food. I eat for pleasure, not necessarily for appetite. Something I need to deal with I reckon.

But..
I am now exercising daily. I ride my bike up and down, up and down. Two days ago I rode up Mt Constitution. It took about 1:45 to get to the top.
It felt great to really work for something, really push.
The downhill was spectacular. Glad to have a helmet.

I am really alone here.
I am really ready to leave. My nose is fine. A few errands and a change in weather and I will be gone.
Such a nice place though, so sleepy. I think it may have done me a great service.

Tomorrow, I hope to wake up and ride to Doe Bay, about 16 miles. Take a sauna, shower, relax a little, then ride home.
That will be my last real affair on the island.

Then where to? Roche Harbor I guess. Or Friday Harbor.
Something like this. Away......

No comments: