01 March, 2005

SAILING

I've been out sailing 3 out of the last four days.
Sailed in the Shipwrights' Regatta and had a barrel of fun. Beautiful days. The Bay was so beautiful, filled with boats of all kinds.

Then Sunday, an old friend from Antigua, Chris Anderson came to town to see the boat. I haven't seen him in years. We sailed and he taught me tons of tricks. He's a captain now on a boat in the Bahamas.
With a little luck he will come to Hawaii with me.

It is both exhillarating and a bit scary to finally be sailing. yesterday was a lot of beating to weather. The elements are so strong--it is intimidating. But each time I learn more and more. The weather I hope will get better and better. By the time I leave I hope I am psychologically as well as physically prepared.

At last the time is NOW

No comments: